We have made a few changes to the site in the past week. This has mainly been prompted by the minor delay with CONTENTdm 6 – the next iteration of the software we use for the archive.
Behind the scenes the server has been switched from Windows to Linux which we think has improved performance quite significantly. At the front we have made small changes to the colours, font sizes and page widths but the most obvious change is the new homepage. We hope that the new page highlights what collections are available and gives users of the site a better indication of what the archive contains right at the outset.
It also changes the emphasis from searching to browsing which at present seems the most useful way to investigate MLDA.
Filed under: Uncategorized |